Pages

Monday, January 25, 2021

             The Never Finished Book - My Dark Little Secret

 

They whispered to her: "You cannot withstand the storm."

She whispered back: "I am the storm."



I started a book - a romantic suspense-back in 2014.

Yes, you read that right. 2014. More than six years ago. And it’s languished on my computer, getting a quick titivation here and there, but never actually being finished. I have excuses—at least four of those years have been a nightmare for many reasons too depressing to note here. But I have finished other books that have been published, made headway on several others. But this book? I felt like calling it Dark Depression, rather than Dark Revenge.

One simple problem that I have never, in all my writing career and all my completed books, come across before.

I COULDN’T GET THE ENDING.

 Then, strange as it sounds, I woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago, and I just KNEW what the ending should be, made some notes, and I’m about to sit down and get that in gear. It will require a fair bit of rearranging of events, but yes, it looks like Dark Revenge will be finished and available for sale sometime soon!

So, the moral of this story is never give up on an idea. You’ll never know how close I came to deleting all the files for this book because seeing them every time I started to work, seeing all those stunted, unfinished pages, was undermining my writing.

Now I feel like the elves in Snow White – hey-ho, hey-ho, it’s off to write I go!

You can visit some of my finished books at https://tinyurl.com/yyb5uz8r









3 comments:

  1. Been there, done that. I've had problems working on a book this past year. I think I got in a rut, and it all started to sound the same. So, now I've gotten out of my comfort zone, and trying something completely different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting - I think we probably all go through something like this for many different reasons, but it is so frustrating, isn't it? I think stepping outside the comfort zone could boost some ideas and get the creativity going again - good luck, and let us knw how it goes!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete