Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

 

The End of The Writing Dry Spell?

I have heard a number of writers say that the lockdowns, instead of giving a lovely spread of clear writing time, have actually been dry and uninspired. I’m one of them. I really thought that I’d write like the wind – I have so many books in various stages of unfinishedness (is that even a word?) So there certainly wasn’t a problem with finding something to work on.

But.It.Just.Wasn’t.Happening.

It’s cold and grey and snowing outside. Snow too deep to make trekking enjoyable. Even the chickens were staying on their perches and cuddling up to each other.

And I was home, cuddling up to a few good books – ok, many good books – when I should have been producing something myself.

Then, hallelujah – I got the final galleys for The Bride’s curse from my lovely editor at TWRP – the book is heading for publication and suddenly, writing became possible again. I sent off Dark Revenge, a romantic suspense, to the publisher in an act that felt like desk clearing.

And I sat down to write again.

What to choose from the list of ideas that seems to have grown longer and longer?


The answer is obvious, really. I wanted something fun, and it’s almost Sit. Patrick’s Day. Soooo, what could be better than the sequel to Winters & Somers, my Irish detective tale? In this latest adventure, Ciara Somers, the Dublin Based PI, and her lover, New York Homicide cop J.V.Winters, get involved with organised crime and stumble over some very disorganised crime, as well….with help (or hindrance) from two grannies, a couple of pot smoking friends, and a cynical Dublin cop. Did I mention the weird bed and breakfast lady?  And an assorted list of characters from the first book.

Oh, yes, this writing is going to be fun!

Here’s the link for Winter’s and Somers, the first book:

Tirgearr Publishing - Winters & Somers By Glenys O'Connell

or https://tinyurl.com/y8g2yhua for Amazon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment