Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Monday’s Inspiration

 

DSCF0355Over the years I’ve collected a lot of inspirational quotes. Quotes to comfort, quotes to get me writing, quotes to make me go back and write some more – and quotes to pick me up when the writing – or Real Life – goes wrong.

Here’s one that always makes me think about what I’m writing, why I’m doing it, and what kind of message I’m sending. It’s also a marker to call to mind that we have, as creative folk, a duty for honesty in our work and to remember that the written word has power.

“But words are things, and a small drop of ink falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.” – Lord Byron.

Sobering, eh?

Do you have a quote that makes you think?

What do you think of the ideas of creative responsibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment